Wednesday 1 October 2014

September and October

September has been a bit of a holding-month. I've got a really busy October and a lot of September has been prepping / planning / preparing for that. Its been a month to get things sorted, book things in, and generally try and get myself organised.

September was definitely a month where I've spent a lot of money - but this is money from my holiday-fund so it doesn't really count as actual money... First booked in September was an all-inclusive Thomsons trip to Egypt for early November. I haven't been on an all-inclusive as an adult and I cannot wait to spend a week pretty much doing nothing. Also this month I booked in a trip to Rome with a couple of friends I used to work with, and also booked flights to New York for my birthday next year! My credit card has not been super happy with me, but it all counts towards the air-miles so hey ho!

I have actually left my house a few times this month (rather than sitting inside and booking things for the future), and have had dinners at Blackfoot, Mai Sushi, Pizza Pilgrims, Burgershack, and Clockjack Oven. I spent a good 12 hours in The Rum Kitchen, went to see Dawn French with my Ma, went on a 10-mile bike ride, had brunch club at Tom's Kitchen and the Docklands Museum of London, went to Manchester for work and celebrated my sister's birthday by seeing Speed The Plow with Lindsay Lohan, and then a night out in Beach Blanket Babylon.

At the start of the month I had a bit of a blogging spark, writing about my favourite hotels, my hotel pet peeves and how much I love a playlist. I also wrote about this month's brunch club.

Of course, I did spend a lot of time indoors as well because, well, it's me, and I finally finished reading H is For Hawk. I also read Tea with Mr Rochester by Frances Towers, Smile Please by Jean Rhys and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I've now just started In A Free State by V. S. Naipaul. We also finished watching Life on Mars and will soon move on to Ashes to Ashes. I am finally on the final season of Desperate Housewives and I have also been keeping up to date with New Girl and The Mindy Project. In preparation for the second series of The Job Lot (ITV2) I also watched all of the first series on ITV Player.

So yes, a good balance in September I think? October will be busier - I've got a hen-do this weekend and then the wedding the last weekend of the month. I am also going to Cannes for work, and already have a few drinks and dinners booked in. I am also (most excitingly) getting my hair cut - I think I'm going to go for Emma Stone's current bob'n'fringe. 

2 comments:

  1. All inclusives are the best! What a fun trip you have ahead of your! Not to mention Cannes! I love that place!

    ReplyDelete