Friday 1 August 2014

July and August

The best thing about this time of the year is the weather, without a doubt. It seems that everyone is a bit happier and a bit more sociable, and so July has been a bit of a busy one for me!

So, what have I been up to?

First of all, the non-sociable stuff. I am still getting through Desperate Housewives and have just started season 6. I've also been keeping up to date with New Girl and The Mindy Project (love Mindy, love love love) as well as watching a few episodes of Life on Mars. I finished reading The Jane Austen Book Club (seemed a bit pointless), read the 2008 booker winner The White Tiger; Adventures In The Rocky Mountains, which is part of the Penguins Great Journeys series; and Shopping and Fucking, which is a 90s play. I also read and adored All My Puny Sorrows - seriously, one of the best books I've read in the last couple of years. I've now started reading The Art of Travel as it seems like one of those perfect ones for me!

What else?

I've had meals at The Noodle House, Chop Shop, Uskudar, Gourmet Pizza (twice...), Elliot's, Brioche at Pip's Dish and Bam-Bou. I spent a weekend in Stratford-upon-Avon on the hen-do, and a week in Llandeillo straight after it, I visited the Matisse exhibition at the Tate with my Mum, and also hosted my annual summer party. In other super exciting news, my new dishwasher arrived.

I've also created a few playlists; one for the hen-do, one for the summer party, one of all things x factor, and one of love songs.

And that leads me to the most exciting thing happening in August... the wedding! Tomorrow I will be maid-of-honour to my oldest friend and, despite the currently forecast weather, I know it's just going to be the most amazing day.

Definitely a good month, but I think the next one is going to be even better.

2 comments:

  1. That would be fun to go back and watch all the desperate housewives, I loved that show! Hope you had fun at the wedding! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying watching them all - I watched the first couple seasons when it was first on but I haven't seen the ones I'm watching now before. Always nice to have a boxset project! x

      Delete